Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our Baby Boy

As Sean said, we are adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia! We are very excited!! I cannot wait to be done with all of the paperwork. We are just about done completing the numerous documents that comprise the dossier. We are just waiting for our social worker to finish up the home study report. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

We have been buying clothes and stuffed animals among other items in preparation for the day when we will bring our son home. His room isn't quite ready, but his daddy is working on that. Sean has been reading many books on international adoption and Ethiopia specifically so he might be a little more prepared than I will be. I am in summer school and applying to a PhD program (to start in the fall of 2010) so I regret to admit that I have not read many of the books that Sean is reading. However, I have been actively praying in preparation for our little guy to come join our family.

It has been so wonderful to have the support and love of our extended families. Sean's parents and my parents as well as our siblings have been so great during this process. We love you all!


Jaime

4 comments:

TeeTee said...

That's right! You can all imagine how excited Teetee is to welcome another nephew into the family! Awaiting the arrival of our newest little guy is torture yet precious. He is loved and cherished before he has even been identified. Welcome, Baby Greener!

Steph said...

I am very excited for you both! What an incredible journey you are on! My prayers include you. Let me know how I can practically participate after those prayers have been sent up (smiling)!

Renee said...

Wow, guys! This is so exciting! I hope all goes smoothly and successfully in this process. I know it can be long and complicated. But you guys are going to be great parents, and I'm so excited for you, and for your new baby!

Wolf family said...

YAY! Welcome to the blog world :) I am so excited and so looking forward to following your progress here. PLEASE let me know if you have an adoption/ travel/ etc. questions that I could answer. I am truly so happy for you both!